Agency Name: Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma
Address: 4810 S. 129th East Avenue
Website Address: gseok.org
Contact Name: Deb Chambers
Job Inquiry Phone: 9187455257
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Seasonal Camp Director - Great for teachers!
Job Opening Description:
Responsible for managing the seasonal operations of the resident camp program within the framework of Girl Scout program, policies, standards, plan of work and budget of the council. Seasonal resident camp dates of employment are approximately mid-May to mid-August.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications:
• Management, leadership and supervisory skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Organizational skills and demonstrated ability to achieve goals. Initiative.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently or as a team-member.
• Ability to take direction.
• Conflict resolution skills. Sound judgment.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, values and Law.
• Unequivocal commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing approximately 25 pounds.
• Occasional exposure to seasonal weather conditions.
• Two to five years of supervisory experience.
• Two to five years of outdoor programming experience.
• Certification in First Aid and CPR.
• Willingness to live on-site for the duration of the resident camp season and dates specified in the
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Drive, and navigating the
• Bachelor's degree in related field or relevant equivalent experience.
• Must meet the minimum age requirement of 25.
• Possession of valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
• Knowledge of Girl Scouting.
• Knowledge of American Camp Association standards.
Job Description Summary:
• Assist in developing, coordinating, and managing council-sponsored resident camp
program to support council membership recruitment and retention efforts.
• Provide guidance, interpretation, and updates to staff regarding Girl Scouts of the USA
(GSUSA), American Camp Association (ACA) and council standards for program and
• Monitor and administer resident camp budget and financial operations. Approve some
• Maintain records, prepare reports, and confer regularly with resident camp director.
• Supervise and assist in training staff for resident camp. Maintain training records.
• Make appropriate staffing assignments in consultation with resident camp director and administrative staff. Ensure that all staff understands the expectations of their position descriptions and staffing assignments prior to the arrival of campers.
• Monitor camp operations to ensure that all established health and safety standards are in place and are followed. Maintain compliance with GSUSA, ACA and council health and safety standards and procedures. Manage check-in/check-out, camp set-up, and camp clean up.
• Maintain all necessary records, reports, rosters, inventories, and evaluations. Submit all required reports, administrative records and paperwork according to established deadlines. Maintain system for maintenance and storage of camp records and paperwork.
• Provide direction and support to camp staff in handling accidents, incidents, and emergencies. Immediately inform other authorities and personnel per the emergency contact chart. Coordinate the completion of required forms and reports.
• Initiate input for recommendations regarding routines, schedules, and procedures for camp operations.
• Supervise and evaluate, or supervise evaluations of, all resident camp operations and program staff.
• Prepare an evaluation and summary of current season including inventories, staff evaluations, camp programs, camper reports, operations, facilities, and recommendations for the following season.
• Monitor risk management plan, including emergency procedures.
• Consult with the camp ranger regarding camp repairs/maintenance: communicate about camp program and schedules that may involve those services.
• Ensure that proper care is taken of camp equipment and facilities during resident camp season: notify the designated person(s) of any necessary major repairs.
• Coordinate safe transportation for campers and staff; manage trip and travel procedures with program and unit staff.
• Establish relationships with outside vendors and volunteers to provide program-specific activities to meet the needs of girls.
• Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family.
• Consistently demonstrate a climate of courtesy, respect, and professionalism to staff, volunteers, members, parents/guardians, and general public.
• These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Application Deadline: 4/30/2019
Additional Information: 9k for the season. Please submit resume to email@example.com