Agency Name: Tristesse Grief Center
Website Address: https://www.thegriefcenter.org/
Contact Name: Amanda Shank
Job Inquiry Phone: n/a
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Executive Director
Job Opening Description: This position serves as administrative executive ("ED") of The Tristesse Healing Hearts Grief Center, Inc. (The Grief Center). The ED provides effective oversight and leadership to the initiatives and goals of The Grief Center and Board policies, supports the Center's Mission and provides a clear vision to The Grief Center's Staff and Volunteers. Major areas of focus can be sub-categorized into seven (7) major areas:
● Staff, Volunteers, and Staff Development
● Fundraising and Special Events
● Program Assistance and Reporting
● Marketing & Community Relations
● Financial and Budget Management
● Board of Directors Organization, Reporting and Records
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: ● Four-year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required. Prefer Master's degree in the field of community organization, public or business administration or non-profit management.
● Seven (7) years or more experience (or equivalent education) in a human service management role.
● Result oriented, effective problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
● Proven financial, management and leadership skills.
● Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others.
● Ability to prioritize and deploy The Grief Center resources to achieve the most effective results.
● Possess some working knowledge of grant writing and development.
● Must be able to perform "hands-on" tasks as necessary to meet The Grief Center's objectives.
● Ability to think creatively and adapt quickly to evolving situations.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex issues effectively.
● Ability to make effective written and/or oral presentations to potential funding sources.
● Appropriate computer proficiencies to accomplish routine job tasks.
Job Description Summary: Essential Job Functions.
● Establish an overall organizational structure to effectively carry out the Mission of The Grief Center.
● Maintain an effective system of communication with the Board of Directors, Staff, and collaborative agencies.
● Plan, formulate, and recommend to the Board of Directors for its approval The Grief Center policies and programs that further the goals of The Grief Center.
● Coordinate and implement an on-going and effective strategic and long-range planning process.
● Negotiate and execute contracts with other business partners upon the approval of the Board of Directors.
● Adhere to all applicable federal and state regulations.
● Ensure the smooth operation and security of The Grief Center's assets.
2. Staff , Volunteers, and Staff Development
● Develop The Grief Center's administrative and personnel policy and procedures and implement them as approved by the Board of Directors.
● Hire all Center personnel.
● Ensure the provision of administrative support staff necessary for the collection, management, and recordation of all information necessary to facilitate The Grief Center's mission.
● Supervise all Staff and Volunteers.
● Provide a professional environment in which challenging client situations can be discussed and evaluated by the counseling staff.
● Model professional behavior and effective communication skills.
● Promote professional development and continuing education opportunities related to grief and loss counseling, ethics, support group work, etc. for the counseling staff.
3. Fundraising and Special Events
● Ensure compliance with all grant requirements and other contracts.
● Develop documentation protocols to support funding objectives and business activities.
● Propose and implement a progress fund development program with the Board of Directors to support The Grief Center and its work in the Tulsa community.
● Establish and/or maintain positive working relationships with existing and prospective funders.
● Draft or facilitate the drafting of grant proposals.
● Support Event Chair and his/her committee where needed on all fundraising/ special events.
● Plan, implement and provide post-analysis of program events and client group activities.
4. Program Assistance and Reporting
● Represent agency in community program presentations as needed.
● Compile and review all statistical data required for grant reporting and donor communication.
5. Marketing & Community Relations
● Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic/marketing plan as approved by Board of Directors.
● Proactively engage in business development, leading to funding and professional affiliations that support The Grief Center's strategic plan and sustain ongoing operations.
● Establish and/or maintain positive working relationships with existing and prospective partners, potential board members, media, other nonprofit organizations and other stakeholders.
6. Financial and Budget Management
● Develop a budget consistent with The Grief Center's fiscal resources and implements the budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
● Ensure all The Grief Center fiscal obligations are met in a timely fashion.
● Ensure The Grief Center's needs are paramount in carrying out the fiduciary and ethical duties of the ED's position.
● Make necessary procurement decisions on behalf of The Grief Center as approved or authorized by the Board of Directors.
7. Board of Directors Organization, Reporting and Records
● Provide support to the Board of Directors by planning and coordinating meetings of the Board and its Committees to assure effective governance of The Grief Center.
● Develop and provide administrative reports to the Board of Directors.
Application Deadline: 1/28/2019
Additional Information: Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled and interviews will begin with qualified candidates prior to the deadline.
About Us: The Grief Center offers an innovative approach to address Northeast Oklahoma's need for comprehensive, long-term grief counseling to assist the bereaved as they journey towards improved health and renewed sense of worth in the wake of loss. The Board of Directors, professional staff and volunteers are committed to providing meaningful programs based on well-documented needs and ongoing measurement.
The Grief Center is not affiliated with any church, hospice, hospital, funeral home or other private organization although it does partner with many of them to provide services economically and effectively. The Grief Center is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that depends upon the support of foundations, businesses, individuals, and other organizations in order to offer counseling services to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Grief Center offers an array of Services, including counseling, training, education, memorial events and support groups, all dedicated to healing the grieving heart.