Agency Name: Goodwill Industries of Tulsa
Address: 2800 Southwest Blvd
Website Address: www.goodwilltulsa.org
Contact Name: Rick Wyatt
Job Inquiry Phone: 9185847291
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Career Navigator
Job Opening Description: Provides program management and training services to individuals taking part in programs that serve persons with employment barriers.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in related field. Prefer experience working with individuals with employment barriers. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Talking, hearing, reaching, handling, fingering, seeing, depth perception
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Light Work-Light work is defined as exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects, or walking or standing to a significant degree.
1. Must be at least 21 years old.
2. Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license, with a good driving record.
3. Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation, including current automobile insurance inspection, and license plate.
4. Must be eligible for a positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
5. Must maintain Goodwill's Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Description Summary: 1. Determines participant's eligibility for various program options.
2. Assesses participant's training and employment needs by analyzing medical, psychological and vocational information to maximize the individual's opportunities, performance, satisfaction and retention.
3. Creates service plan, with assistance of participant, to outline the needs and services required for the participant and family to facilitate a successful employment outcome.
4. Helps participant to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and the individual's personal responsibility in resolving those problems.
5. Provides advocacy for participants of TulsaWORKS Career Academy in needed services and coordinates the provision of these services.
6. Collaborates in the development of a referral network of community resources.
7. Participates in staff, inter-agency or other project coordinating meetings.
8. Provides the intake process for new participants in TulsaWORKS Career Academy
9. Completes documentation of individual's performance towards completion of goals, and records and plans for needs of the participant yet to be met.
10. Enters program participant and family information in client tracking database.
11. Reviews service plan and performs follow-up to determine quantity and quality of services provided to the participant.
12. Provides post-placement support services to improve retention.
13. Participates in banquets and various program participant celebrations offered as incentives for job retention and meeting outcomes.
14. Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR as required.
Application Deadline: 2/28/2019
Additional Information: Markets skill training programs to businesses and community agencies.
May transport participants to and from various locations as needed.
Other duties as required.