Agency Name: Mental Health Association Oklahoma
Address: 5330 E 31st Street, Suite 1000
Contact Name: Lindsay Whitworth
Job Inquiry Phone: 9183822421
Job Inquiry Email: email@example.com
Job Opening Title: Graphic Design Coordinator
Job Opening Description: About the Role
We are seeking a designer who is passionate about creating powerful brands that help bring awareness and influence conversations related to the Association's vision and mission. The ideal candidate is always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems, has an eye for detail, and a solid understanding of visual and user-centered design. As a member of the three-person marketing team, you will be working on an assortment of projects related to the Association's core mission -- mental illness, homelessness, suicide prevention and criminal justice reform. You will have the opportunity to push a nationally recognized nonprofit organization forward with your innovative ideas.
At the Association, we have several large events and campaigns you will be working on to drive important conversations in Oklahoma related to our organization's mission and vision. There will be a variety of projects that will keep your days interesting and different, but an average day will include:
● Creating infographics or designing brochures, business cards and other informational materials for our programs and events.
● Brainstorming the visual components of various campaigns throughout the year.
● Creating simple graphics for social media posts.
● Helping schedule social media posts when needed.
● Attending strategy meetings with the marketing and development teams to brainstorm new campaigns or visual deliverables of upcoming events.
This job might be for you if:
● You have a passion for helping individuals experiencing homelessness, reducing stigma for individuals experiencing mental illness or addiction, suicide prevention and criminal justice reform.
● You are eager to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
● You are comfortable collaborating as well as working independently, and you like autonomy in work day.
● You like to visually express complex ideas by creating logos, one-page information sheets, brochures and social media graphics.
● You are confident in your ability to ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
● You are creative, and you like to execute new and different ideas.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Essential Job Requirements
● Online portfolio provided in resume or application.
● Ability to work with deadlines and balance multiple projects.
● Ability to work with non-designers, receiving and providing both affirming and constructive feedback.
● Familiarity with design software (preferably Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop. It's a plus to also have experience with Canva, Adobe Spark).
● A bachelor's degree in advertising, graphic design, multimedia design or relevant experience.
● Occasional events that require attendance on evenings or weekends.
Extra Awesome Qualifications
● A background in advertising.
● Experience with graphic design for social media platforms.
● Comfortable with creating unique and interesting logos for programs and events.
Job Description Summary: The Graphic Design Coordinator at Mental Health Association Oklahoma plays a critical role on the Marketing team by providing day-to-day support to the Marketing Department as well as multiple teams across the statewide organization. This is a full-time position based at the Association's Tulsa, Oklahoma headquarters.
We're building a unified experience that strengthens our relationship with those we serve, our supporters, external stakeholders and creates efficiencies in the development of our brand. You will, among other tasks, develop graphics for social media, infographics, design educational and promotional materials and other designs using Adobe Software, Canva and other design software.
Application Deadline: 3/1/2019
Additional Information: To submit your application, visit our website at https://mhaok.org/Careers/