Agency Name: Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma
Address: 4810 S. 129th East Avenue
Website Address: gseok.org
Contact Name: Deb Chambers
Job Inquiry Phone: 9187455257
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Communications - Public Relations Specialist
Job Opening Description: Job Summary
This role will develop and implement external communications strategy to enhance and strengthen the image of Girl Scouting including the production and management of external communications deliverables. Partnership with internal departments to execute external messaging will take the form of designing and delivering media strategy, building and maintaining strategic relationships, coordinating related events, and identifying opportunities to improve external impact. Media and advocacy efforts on behalf of girls or Girl Scouting will extend throughout the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma (GSEOK) council jurisdiction.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
• Media relations.
• Public speaking.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems; and successfully handle conflict resolution and crisis management.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to organize and carry out a multifaceted work load, manage production of collateral materials, and maintain deadlines.
• Willingness to work flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Proof of meeting Oklahoma State requirements regarding auto licensing, driver’s license.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and all Microsoft Office products.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Communication, Public/Media Relations or related field with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and/or other graphics capabilities.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Prefer 2 - 5 years of experience.
• Knowledge of Girl Scouting a plus.
• Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, values and Law.
Job Description Summary: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for positive, professional, and high quality customer service by maintaining good internal and external relationships.
• Develop, manage and evaluate all phases of external and internal.
• Manage production of collateral materials and maintain all deadlines.
• Work closely with internal departments to cohesively implement GSUSA promotional campaigns.
• Develop and strengthen media partnerships.
• Develop and administer annual communications and community relations tactical plan and budget.
• Develop and implement strategies to promote the Girl Scout brand.
• Create social media content updating as required.
• Contribute to the council’s financial goals by bidding contracted work and securing, when able, donated services.
• Responsible for maintaining and extending Girl Scouting by strengthening the positive image of Girl Scouting in the communities of the council; raising awareness of the need for public support.
• Maintain positive, professional, and friendly relationships with donors, media contacts, corporations, volunteers, staff, and board members to strengthen the image of Girl Scouting and ensure a broad base of support for the council.
• Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Application Deadline: 2/28/2019
Additional Information: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Great benefits package
Please submit resume to email@example.com