Agency Name: Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma
Address: 4810 S. 129th East Avenue
Website Address: gseok.org
Contact Name: Deb Chambers
Job Inquiry Phone: 9187455257
Job Inquiry Email: email@example.com
Job Opening Title: Community Outreach Specialist
Job Opening Description:
The community outreach specialist is responsible for organizing and providing support to Girl Scouts in assigned special areas. These areas include but are not limited to:
• Homeless shelters.
• Public housing.
• Girl Scouting in the School Day.
• Community troops.
• Alternative schools.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
• Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, values and Law.
• Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
• Ability to work day time hours – 20 hours per week
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends; occasional overnights as necessary and ability to travel as job requires.
• Proof of meeting Oklahoma State requirements regarding auto licensing, driver’s license.
• Able to physically lift up to 25 pounds.
• Associate degree in related field or relevant equivalent experience.
• Ability to work with children and adults.
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Human relations and problem-solving.
• Organizational skills and demonstrated ability to achieve goals.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to organize events.
• Knowledge of the various public housing developments operated by the Housing Authority.
• Knowledge of Girl Scouting a plus.
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
Job Description Summary: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for maintaining and extending Girl Scouting in assigned geographic areas
o Recruiting girls for troop membership in all special areas to troop meetings.
o Recruiting adult volunteers for troops.
o Serving as troop leader if there is no adult leadership.
o Ensuring that volunteer troop leaders have received training.
o Assisting troop leaders in organizing troop events and money-earning projects.
o Transportation of girls to troop meetings.
• Recruits girls to attend resident and day camp; and prepares them to attend, ensuring that
they have the necessary equipment and have completed the requisite health exam.
• Ensures that the girl and adult membership is reflective of the population of the
jurisdiction and that the needs of a diverse population are recognized and met.
• Makes presentations to Girl Scouts and outside groups to promote the Girl Scout Program.
• Responds to family and volunteer concerns about Girl Scout membership.
• Writes reports and maintains and analyzes statistical data.
• Supports council fund development activities including grant proposal research.
• May be accountable for a special project such as day camp, service team training,
and outreach, etc.
• Responsible for membership diversity.
• Responsible for volunteer management.
• Responsible for community development.
• Responsible for program development.
• Participates in collaborative relationships which support the council's recruitment and
retention of girls and adults.
• Attends team meetings regularly and is an active participant in strategic planning for
membership recruitment and retention.
• Ensures that team goals are accomplished.
• Consults with the Training Coordinator to acquire specific training for geographic areas.
• Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Application Deadline: 2/28/2019
Additional Information: Please submit your resume to Deb Chambers
Compensation: 33,400K with excellent benefit package