Agency Name: Child Abuse Network
Address: 2829 S Sheridan Rd
Contact Name: Jessica Stombaugh
Job Inquiry Phone: 9186240200
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Bilingual Forensic Interviewer
Job Opening Description: The Bilingual Forensic Interviewer is responsible for conducting unbiased, neutral, non-leading, culturally sensitive fact finding forensic interviews with children who have experienced alleged abuse or are witnesses to alleged abuse or violence. This position conducts pre-staffing conferences with investigators, participates in Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) staffing and training, and write summaries for interviews that result in a disclosure. This position is managed by the Sr. Forensic Interviewer, Lead and reports to the CEO.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred to have a Master’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, or related field.
Job Description Summary: • Conducts forensic interviews with children referred by law enforcement or child welfare.
• Provide services to Spanish only speaking children and families.
• Write interview summaries as required.
• Maintains records as necessary.
• Remain up to date on current research in the field of forensic child interviewing.
• Pursue ongoing training and educational opportunities.
• Participate in peer reviews with other forensic interviewers to observe the work of others and give/receive constructive criticism.
• Schedule interviews for law enforcement or DHS who have an open investigation
• Maintains working knowledge of accreditation standards of National Children’s Alliance, DA’s Task Force Protocol, and applicable laws as needed.
Application Deadline: 9/1/2019
Additional Information: • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with children of all ages and developmental levels.
• Must be able to work under high levels of stress.
• Must be organized and have the ability to multitask.
• Ability to testify regarding interviews and defending interviews in court.
• Must be able to interact with other agencies and departments for accurate resolutions to problems.
• Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.