Agency Name: Tulsa CARES
Address: 3712 E. 11th Street
Contact Name: Kate Neary
Job Inquiry Phone: 9188344194
Job Inquiry Email: email@example.com
Job Opening Title: Intensive Care Coordinator
Job Opening Description: Comprehensively assesses clients living with HIV and other chronic health conditions for biopsychosocial care needs; refers, advocates, coordinates, and monitors client needs during care in order to improve a client’s retention in care, other health and social outcomes, and client quality of life. The primary purpose of the intensive care coordinator is to promote client self-sufficiency and to increase client functioning within each client’s capabilities so that the need for intensive case management is reduced over time.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Skill Requirements:
• Motivational interviewing techniques
• Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, Internet, and word processing software.
• Must have ability to collaboratively work with a variety of health and/or social service organizations.
• Must have effective written/verbal communication skills.
• Must have time-management and organizational skills to prioritize and address multiple client needs.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently bend, kneel, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Experience working with those living in poverty, with HIV/AIDS, with other chronic health conditions, and/or with history of mental health or substance abuse.
Educational and Licensure Requirements:
• Degree from an accredited university in social work or a related field (BSW, MSW, or LPC is preferred)
• Must maintain current driver’s license and any relevant licenses or certifications.
• Must attend a minimum 3 hours of relevant continuing education per year.
Job Description Summary: Explicit Obligations:
• Complies with the Care Coordination Program Policies and Procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
• Complies with agency policies and procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
• Supports an environment of health and wellness in accordance with the agency’s philosophy of care.
• Consults with the Programs Manager as necessary to assure client care plans are appropriate for client needs.
• Adheres to the Oklahoma State Department of Health Standards of HIV Case Management Care.
• Works as part of an interdisciplinary case-management, nutrition, housing, and mental health team to meet the needs of the entire person.
• Comprehensively assesses clients for barriers to linkage and engagement in medical care and self-sufficiency using a standardized service need level assessment.
• Generates a client care plan based on service need level findings, client priorities, and quality improvement goals through client-centered and motivational interviewing techniques. Gives particular emphasis on: engagement in healthcare including chronic disease self-management and adherence, mental health and substance abuse, life skills development (literacy, GED completion or vocational rehab, budgeting and financial planning), healthy relationships, and building sense of life purpose.
• Collaborates with mental health, housing, and nutrition program staff to integrate care plan into other Tulsa CARES services, as appropriate
• Attempt to establish or to retain each client in regular medical care, utilizing appropriate client-centered and motivational interviewing techniques.
• Ensures that client access to medications is uninterrupted, within the scope of the care coordinator’s abilities, which includes HIV Drug Assistance Program application assistance and maintenance, compassionate care applications, and Tulsa CARES prescription assistance program.
• Works with clients to improve health literacy and medication adherence; will also provide disease specific education and secondary prevention/harm reduction education.
• Submits referrals to outside providers as necessary.
• Follows up with referrals within 3 days of planned completion date to verify client was able to access needed services.
• Actively participates in formal supervision by the Programs Manager and or Director of Programs.
• Actively prepares for, and participates in, bimonthly case staffing and monthly case management meetings.
• Actively prepares for, and participates in, monthly case management meeting.
• Upon intake, and once annually, fully orients each client to the care coordination program objectives, other Tulsa CARES programs and services, their rights and responsibilities as a participant.
• Promptly documents all meaningful client interaction in a thorough and accurate fashion.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Programs Manager and or Director of Programs.
Application Deadline: 9/15/2019
Additional Information: Please send resume and cover letter to Casey Bakhsh, firstname.lastname@example.org