City of Tulsa Civil Emergency Declared


3/19/2020 11:00:00 AM

This executive order specifically limits restaurants to curbside, drive-thru, takeout and delivery services.  It is up to the restaurant or business owner’s discretion on how they operate those services, but they should follow CDC guidelines for best practices. 

  1. Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food and beverage are closed for dine-in customers and guests and for on-premises consumption, are restricted and limited to curbside, drive-thru, takeout and delivery services, excluding institutional or in-house food cafeterias that serve residents, employees, and clients of businesses, child care facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
  2. The following commercial establishments and places of public accommodation shall be and are hereby closed to ingress, egress, use, and occupancy by members of the public:
    1. Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
    2. Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on premises consumption.
    3. Theaters, cinemas, indoor and outdoor performance venues, and museums.
    4. Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and spas.
    5. Amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and other similar recreational or entertainment facilities.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should be closed?
All bars in Tulsa are to be closed indefinitely.

All restaurants and food courts may provide carry out, drive-thru and delivery service only.  Dine-in service will be prohibited indefinitely. All theaters, gyms, and recreation and entertainment facilities are to be closed indefinitely.   

What is open?
You can still go shopping at grocery stores, malls, markets, convenience stores, pharmacies, drug stores, food pantries, hardware stores and retail stores. All of those stores are allowed to remain open. If any of those stores have a food court area in them, that food court should be closed. Additionally, health care facilities, such as hospitals, are open.

How can a business get curbside pick-up parking?

Businesses using delivery and pick-up options will be able to utilize a curbside pick-up parking space in front of their restaurant and the City will waive the fee so we can institute temporary pick-up location for restaurants. Businesses must fill out the necessary paperwork for parking approval. Fill out the paperwork here: Curbside Pickup Parking Form

How long do businesses need to close?
Indefinitely. Businesses who are being asked to close need to remain closed until told otherwise. The decision to allow businesses to open back up is contingent upon CDC best practices and THD guidelines.

What other kinds of businesses need to close?
Sports facilities (both indoor and outdoor), skating rinks, trampoline parks, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, and amusement parks. These types of businesses are being asked to close indefinitely.

Do liquor stores need to close?

Do retail stores need to close?
No. Unless your establishment has fixed seating and other areas designed for people to congregate, you can remain open.

Do places of worship need to close?

Worship organizations are tasked to do what is best for their congregation. The City defers to the recommendations provided by the CDC. 

Are catered events allowed?

No. The goal is to prevent group activities that facilitate rapid virus transmission. 

Are casinos being asked to close?
The City does not have jurisdiction to regulate casinos, though many local tribes have closed operations. Check with the casino if you have questions.

What should breweries, micro-breweries, and taprooms do?

Breweries and taprooms who serve beer as carry out can operate as usual. Tasting rooms and other fixed seating areas must close indefinitely. 

Do movie theaters need to close?
Yes. All movie theaters should be closed indefinitely. 

When does my business need to close?
Your businesses should have been closed by March 18 and remain closed until further notice. 

My bar/club is a private, member only establishment. Do I need to close?


Do performance centers need to close?

Are museums open?

Do hair salons and nail salons need to close?

Can bars still serve food?
Bars with dine-in options who operate food services may offer a drive-thru, curbside pickup and take out delivery. The bar itself should not be open to the public.

Are employees who work at closed businesses still allowed to work there?
Yes. The order is meant to limit the amount of customers who congregate inside commercial establishments. Employees are allowed to stay and work. The executive order does not prohibit an employee, contractor, vendor or supplier of a place of public accommodation from entering, exiting, using or occupying that place in their professional capacity.

Can I order take-out food inside a restaurant?
Yes. Businesses who are closed may take your order over the phone, online or in-person. The executive order only applies to those wanting to dine in. All dine-in services will not be available.


Click here for COVID-19 resources and information.


Upcoming Events

Agency Tour of Caring Community Friends

Agency Tour of the Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges

Click here for a
full listing of events

Latest News

QT and Reasor’s among stores distributing child safety information
n an effort to raise awareness of child abuse risks during these stressful times, the Tulsa Area United Way, Child Abuse Network, Parent Child Center and Family and Children’s Services have partnered with local businesses to distribute important phone numbers and website information that can help keep children safe.
Tulsa Tenants and Landlords Receive Rent Relief
Restore Hope Ministries partnered with the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation and the Tulsa Area COVID-19 Response Fund to assist Tulsa tenants and landlords with past-due rent filed on the Tulsa County Forcible Entry and Detainer (FED) Docket.
Alison Anthony: Grounded in love, learning a new way to communicate
Tulsa Area United Way President and CEO, Alison Anthony, discusses this time of transformation and leaning into empathy and humility in this Tulsa World opinion piece.
New Tax Breaks For Donations
Federal economic relief measures are providing some tax breaks to encourage charitable giving. Read more for a breakdown of the biggest changes.
Nonprofits Invited to Apply for Grant Funding
Tulsa area nonprofit organizations that are providing direct support and resources to individuals experiencing COVID-19 related hardships may now apply for grant funding through the Tulsa Area COVID-19 Response Fund.