- Women's Leadership Council
- WLC Events
A Community Case for Inclusion
March 13, 2018
7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Greenwood Cultural Center
322 N. Greenwood Ave.
Tulsa, OK, 74120
Ways you can continue to make your community more inclusive:
- Ask someone at your table to be an Accountability Buddy. Trade business cards and make a date to check in and discuss ways you’ve integrated the information you received today.
- Make a date with the people at your table to have lunch in a part of town you don’t usually frequent – have pho at Nam Hai in East Tulsa, smothered chicken at Ollie’s in West Tulsa, catfish at Sweet Lisa’s in North Tulsa, or pizza at Andolini’s on the Riverwalk in South Tulsa, for example.
- Invite someone to your home who is different than you.
- Share an “ah ha” moment from today with your family, friends, and co-workers.
- Sign up to attend a Second Thursday Partner Agency Tour to deepen the understanding of the challenges our fellow citizens face.
- Volunteer with one of our Partner Agencies.
- Volunteer to help run the campaign at your company to raise more money for our Partner Agencies so they can assist more people and families to live their best lives.
- If you are on a board, get involved in board development to recommend diverse candidates for consideration.
- Join Women’s Leadership Council and/or Emerging Leaders Society.
Save the Date
WLC’s Networking and Membership Drive
Featuring Jean Kelly, author of How to Dress Like a Million Bucks – from Goodwill
and introducing TAUW President & CEO and WLC co-founder Alison Anthony
Hors d’oeuvers, wine, & power shopping with a purpose
June 7, 2018 6-7:30 p.m.
Goodwill of Tulsa
2800 Southwest Blvd.
Other Upcoming Events
March 12, 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Brookside Library, 1207 E. 45th Pl.
Special Discussion of "The Holocaust by Bullets," lead by Jacob Howland. The book was researched and written by Father Patrick Desbois.
March 13, 5:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tulsa City County Library 400 Civic Center
TY Pros Diversity Crew – Diversity: Conversations on Identify & Privilege
March 20, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Oklahomans for Equality, 621 E 4th St.
Mosaic Monthly Meeting
March 29, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Tulsa Historical Society and Museum, 2445 S. Peoria Ave.
Mosaic Networking Event
April 3, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma Hardesty Leadership Center, 4810 S. 129 E Ave.
Women's Leadership Summit
April 9, 7:00 p.m.
TCC VanTrease PACE, 10300 E 81st St.
Father Patrick Desbois will address the Tulsa community as the speaker for 2018 Interfaith Yom HaShoah Holocaust Commemoration in his talk “A Voice of Conscience.” Father Desbois has been featured in The New York Times and has appeared on 60 Minutes for his work in the areas of Holocaust and genocide research and his book, The Holocaust by Bullets.
April 10, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Grogg's Green Barn, 10105 E. 61 St.
Women's Business Leader "Laugh and Learn"
April 21, 6:30 p.m.
May 16, 7:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center
Return on Inclusion Summit
May 30 - June 1
Hyatt Regency, 100 E. 2 St.
John Hope Franklin National Symposium
June 1- 3
Tulsa Pride Weekend
Thank you to our event sponsors:
|3 S Group of Hotels|
Questions? Call or email Kate Starr, Affinity Group Manager, at 918-295-6691 or email@example.com.