Do you have an innovative idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? Tulsa Area United Way is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, fall in the range of $30,000 to $100,000. To get started, click on the link and complete the one-page Information sheet.
- Innovative idea that has social impact – does not exist in your county
- Project falls within the categories of education, health/safety and/or financial stability
- Recipient is a 501(c)3 nonprofit located within the six county service area of TAUW (Tulsa, Creek, Okmulgee, Osage, Rogers & Wagoner counties)
- 2018 grant range is $30,000 - $100,000
- Other funders will be invited to hear your pitch
- Submit the Information Page: due September 21, 2017
- If selected, you will be given access to a formal application and a date to give a pitch
- Funding will be for January through December 2018
- Submit a Progress Report upon completion of the project
Call: Cindy Longacre at 918-295-6696
TIPS FOR COMPLETION OF ONE PAGE APPLICATION:
Brevity is key
- Overview of Project
- Briefly describe the project. Be concise. There is an opportunity to provide specifics in other areas of application.
- Timeline of Projected Milestones
- Approximate dates in the project cycle when key action steps are to be accomplished.
- Measure to Determine Success
- Briefly describe quantitative aspects of the project. Measurement is an important component and is considered critical to project consideration.
- Describe How This Project is Innovative for Our Community
- What are the key components of this project that make it creative and unique?
- Primary Social or Economic Impact on Community
- Who will benefit?
- How will that affect the community?
Mastering the 10-Minute Pitch