Day of Caring
Kick-off and Free Breakfast
Friday, August 28, 2020
VFW Post 577
1109 E. 6th St.
Click here to RSVP for the breakfast.
Outdoor Project Examples
- Painting, weeding, planting, landscaping, beautifying grounds
- Build or repair a ramp or deck
- Install playground equipment or build sandboxes
- General maintenance or clean up on buildings and windows
- Take clients on an outing to the park, zoo, fishing or bowling
- Make deliveries to clients
- Accompany case workers on visits
Indoor Project Examples
- Organize clothing or food donations
- General office work
- Indoor maintenance of agency buildings such as waxing or cleaning floors, washing windows and painting
- Activities with agency clients, including arts and crafts, reading, playing games and scrapbooking
- Hosting a party with fun activities
- Assisting a teach in teaching classes such as computer skills, cooking, dance or music
- Conducting athletic or sports clinics with youth
Why Should You Participate?
Involvement in the Day of Caring develops teamwork and build morale among employees while they give back to the community.
After participating in the Day of Caring, the Tulsa Area United Way becomes more than a logo, pledge card or campaign rally, it becomes the means by which an individual can assist many people through one gift.
Day of Caring helps present the true face of people in need and the 59 partner agencies that serve them. On this special day, volunteers complete projects submitted by partner agencies. Everyone gets a hand-on opportunity to see how their TAUW contributions help our community each and every day.
There are hundreds of projects available, so you can be sure you'll find one to fit your interests and skill sets.
Organizations who classify as 501c3s are eligible, and projects range from construction to community interaction. Be a part of the change in this community.
Contact Lexi Bollis by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors