Purpose of Position:
To assist the Vice President/Marketing with the branding and creative direction of the TAUW. This includes conception, design, production and coordination of print, photography and multimedia projects. The Graphic Designer works in conjunction with Marketing/Donor Experience staff and the organization to plan and produce all TAUW marketing materials.
Accountability: Vice President, Marketing and Donor Experience
Job Classification: Exempt
The Graphic Designer manages the in-house design projects and advertising related to campaign, events and special projects. Must be PC and Mac proficient with excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as other related design software. Should be familiar with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Keynote and other office software. Transforms layouts into production art, and understand the principles of design, type, use of color and other graphic production techniques. Work together with vendors and printers. Must work in cooperation with marketing team members and be involved in strategy, planning plus design/production.
- Key member of marketing staff in research, development and execution of strategic marketing programs
- Responsible for brand development and graphic standards and consistency among all mediums
- Innovate new creative design approaches for President and Marketing VP’s approval
- Third-party vendor management including vetting, approval, cost and time estimates, and quality control
- Live event management and/or coordination with third-party vendors including presentations, videos, audio, lighting, staging, etc.
- Edits and updates project management list and project production schedules
- Produce all projects requiring desktop publishing including graphic design, management of multiple deadlines and organization of files. Examples include booklets, brochures, invitations, programs, signs and other collateral materials.
- Coordinate all internal and external print services including design, management of quality and consistency, coordination of estimates, management of multiple deadlines and invoices
- Maintain supplies and equipment for desktop publishing system
- Keep current and proficient on desktop publishing software including Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- Initiate projects well in advance of deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Coordinate on-demand projects to maintain deadline schedule for Campaign materials, special events and newsletters
- Prepare images, photos or graphics for website, e-newsletters, social media and other digital media
- Occasional website and social media updates – backup to Director of Communications and web master
- Prepare presentations for events, meetings and other functions
- Serve as secondary photographer for external and internal events and promotional photography
- Participate with Marketing staff in planning and execution of all special events
- Participate in TAUW employee events and internal employee United Way campaign
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts or related field
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience
Job Skills and Demonstrated Abilities
- Advanced proficiency on desktop publishing software including Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- Strong creativity and ideation skills
- Have intimate knowledge of digital production and pre-press delivery formats
- Understand image formats (EPS, TIF, JPG, PDF), graphic compression tools and their use
- Flexibility and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of printing processes and local print suppliers
- Ability to multitask and well organized
- Strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, tracking and implementation skills
Click Here to submit an employment interest form.