Employment - Volunteer Coordinator
Tulsa Area United Way seeks a Volunteer Coordinator for its fast-paced Marketing department. The individual seeking this position should be highly organized and self-directed with the ability to implement projects and targeted tasks from start to completion.
This role develops cooperative and productive relationships with staff, partner agencies, businesses, and volunteers. She/he must be deadline driven with the ability to produce required deliverables under pressure and tight time constraints. She/he will work cross-functionally with all Marketing staff and TAUW departments to provide project support and volunteer coordination within the following areas and provide administrative support to Councils and Committees as needed.
- TAUW Affinity Group Activities
- Day of Caring
- TAUW Community Engagement Activities
The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of the position.
- Mobilize and manage volunteers through a comprehensive online volunteer database.
- Assist in the implementation of multiple volunteer events with internal and external partners.
- Coordinate volunteer placements and training.
- Maintain metrics to demonstrate impact of volunteer efforts.
- Assist in planning and scheduling volunteer recognition events.
- Ensure volunteer positions for each event are appropriately staffed to support desired outcome.
- Track and monitor progress of various projects and operations, milestones, timelines, and deliverables. Make recommendations for necessary adjustments and/or quality improvements.
- Generate timely and accurate internal and external outcomes reports and key performance indicators in partnership with TAUW departments.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Requirement, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desired
- One-year project, program or volunteer coordination experience
- Prior nonprofit experience helpful
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving with ability to follow through
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Work both independently and as a collaborative team member
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Click Here to submit an employment interest form.