Social Innovation Grant Applications
The submission window has passed for 2020 Innovation Grant applications. Watch for more information coming later in 2020 for 2021.
Do you have an innovative idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? Tulsa Area United Way is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, are up to $100,000. To get started, click on the link and complete the one-page Information sheet. Be sure to read the criteria below first!
Questions about whether your idea is eligible?
- Innovative idea that has social impact – does not exist in your county
- Be sure to do your research - these ideas must be innovative, not just new to the area
- Successful proposals will be ideas that are still in the very early stages of implementation - NOT tested programs
- Project falls within the categories of education, health/safety and/or financial stability
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit located within the six county service area of TAUW (Tulsa, Creek, Okmulgee, Osage, Rogers & Wagoner counties)
- 2020 grant range is up to $100,000
- Grant recipients will be required to submit mid-year and final reports
- Other funders will be invited to hear your pitch
Contact Cindy Longacre to discuss eligibility before you start the application process (contact info below).
- Submit the Information Page: due September 20, 2019
- If selected, you will be given access to a formal application and a date to give a pitch
- Funding will be for January through December 2020
- Submit a Progress Report upon completion of the project
TIPS FOR COMPLETION OF ONE PAGE APPLICATION:
Brevity is key
- Overview of Project
- Briefly describe the project. Be concise. There is an opportunity to provide specifics in other areas of application.
- Timeline of Projected Milestones
- Approximate dates in the project cycle when key action steps are to be accomplished.
Call or email Cindy Longacre at 918-295-6696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy is happy to discuss whether your idea is eligible for a Social Innovation Grant before you start the process. Just give her a call or send an email!