Social Innovation Grant Applications
Do you have an innovative idea that could make a significant difference for our community? Have you given this idea some thought? Some research? Tulsa Area United Way is eager to learn about your idea/project. Funds, available per project, are up to $100,000. To get started, click on the link and complete the one-page Information sheet. Be sure to read the criteria below first!
Questions about whether your idea is eligible?
- Innovative idea that has social impact – does not exist in your county
- Be sure to do your research - these ideas must be innovative, not just new to the area
- Successful proposals will be ideas that are still in the very early stages of implementation - NOT tested programs
- Project falls within the categories of education, health/safety and/or financial stability
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit located within the six county service area of TAUW (Tulsa, Creek, Okmulgee, Osage, Rogers & Wagoner counties)
- 2020 grant range is up to $100,000
- Grant recipients will be required to submit mid-year and final reports
- Other funders will be invited to hear your pitch
Contact Cindy Longacre to discuss eligibility before you start the application process (contact info below).
- Submit the Information Page: due September 20, 2019
- If selected, you will be given access to a formal application and a date to give a pitch
- Funding will be for January through December 2020
- Submit a Progress Report upon completion of the project
TIPS FOR COMPLETION OF ONE PAGE APPLICATION:
Brevity is key
- Overview of Project
- Briefly describe the project. Be concise. There is an opportunity to provide specifics in other areas of application.
- Timeline of Projected Milestones
- Approximate dates in the project cycle when key action steps are to be accomplished.
Call or email Cindy Longacre at 918-295-6696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy is happy to discuss whether your idea is eligible for a Social Innovation Grant before you start the process. Just give her a call or send an email!