The Tulsa Area United Way (TAUW) has announced newly elected board and directors were elected to its Board of Directors at the organization’s February 23 Annual Meeting.
“We envision and strive toward a community working together to ensure that all of its members flourish and thrive,” said President and CEO, Alison Anthony. “So our board of local governing leaders must represent a wide-range of attributes and qualities. Our Board Development Committee led by Susan Crenshaw considered business sector, company campaigns, individual skills and experiences, geographic representation, and gender/racial/and ethnic diversity. A foundational principle is that our diversity as a board makes us stronger and more capable to best execute on our mission, uniting people and resources to improve lives and strengthen communities. Our demographic diversity has continued to improve. Last year’s board was 82 percent white/non-Hispanic. This year’s board slate is 73 percent white/Non-Hispanic, so we are making progress toward a board that is representative of our communities in order to most effectively embody that mission.”
- Officers elected were: Caron Lawhorn, ONE Gas, Inc., Board Chair; Tim Lyons, TTCU Federal Credit Union, Board Chair Elect; Kimberly Johnson, Tulsa City County Library, Vice Chair; Yobana Ruiz, Olé Marketing & PR, Secretary; Ross McLaughlin, QuikTrip Corporation, Treasurer; Frauke Petersen, LUXA Enterprises, Assistant Treasurer; and Kevin Cavanah, Matrix Service Company, Ethics Officer. LareRonita Ratcliff, AT&T/CWA, Local 6012, was elected Assistant Secretary, a non-voting/non-board position, and Alison Anthony, TAUW President & CEO, was elected to the Board as ex-officio.
- Re-elected to three-year terms on the Board of Directors, expiring in 2024, are: John Chandler, Williams; Betsy Jackson, Hall Estill; Kimberly Johnson, Tulsa City County Library; Frauke Petersen, LUXA Enterprises, and JoAnn Schaub, Bank of Oklahoma.
- Newly elected to three-year terms, expiring in 2024, are: Robyn DeVore, BKD LLP; Kevin Matthews, Oklahoma State Senator and 1921 Race Massacre Commissioner; Krystal Reyes, City of Tulsa; Lori Shaw, Williams, and TAUW Community Investments Cabinet Chair, and Allison Walden, Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Re-elected to a one-year term, expiring in 2022, are: Melissa Bogle, Gateway First Bank and Past Chair of Women United; Kaye Brewer, UAW, Local 952; Scott Robin, Bank of Oklahoma and Past Chair of Emerging Leaders Society; Carrie Rollmann, Bank of Oklahoma, and IT Committee Chair; Bailey Siegfried, NORDAM and Kevin Vann.
- Elected as Directors at Large, with terms expiring in 2022, are: Tracy Hardin, Labor Council Chair; Bernie Heller, Tulsa World Media Co.; Larry Honel, AAON, and Karen Keith, Tulsa County Commissioner and 2021 Campaign Co-chair.
Directors whose Board service and/or terms of service ended today were: Scott Asbjornson, AAON; Tom Bennett, First Oklahoma Bank; Lee Eslicker, D&L Oil Tools; Gloria Fletcher, Community Volunteer; Jay Foley, Community Advocate; Cathy Gates, ret., Ernst & Young, LLP; Kevin Gore, BKD, LLP; Manju Kaul, Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice; Marcia MacLeod, Community Volunteer; Alicia Oates, TWU Local 514, and Maggie Yar, Hille Foundation.
“TAUW’s newly elected board members rotating off have led us through a historic time of challenges. We’re grateful for their committed service and for those who have stepped up to lead Tulsa Area United Way into the future,” says Alison. “This year will be so important as we retain the best of what we have learned throughout the pandemic with our eyes clearly focused on needs and work ahead.”