Agency Name: Palmer Continuum of Care, Inc
Address: 5319 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa Ok
Contact Name: Jenna Akuma
Job Inquiry Phone: 9182809972
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Children's Therapist
Job Opening Description: Children's Therapist
We are currently looking for a children's counselor for the Tulsa Women and Children's Center (TWCC). We provide quality, compassionate treatment for substance abuse and addiction for pregnant and parenting women, adolescents, and families.
Paid time off-accrues at 3 weeks/year
Health insurance, Dental, and Vision insurance
403b retirement plan with matching after 1 year of service
Supervision, CEU, and license reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program
Life and AD&D provided by agency
ABOUT THE POSITION
Provide primary therapeutic and psycho-educational services for children, ages 12 and under, who are accompanying their mothers in treatment.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications: Requirements:
1. Current LADC, LPC, LMFT or LCSW or under supervision working toward licensure
2. Master's degree in behavioral science or social services-related field
3. Education and experience working in children services.
4. Working knowledge of child development, family dynamics and treatment for behavioral disorders
5. Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to lift 30 pounds
7. Ability and strong commitment to work as a part of a team
8. If required to operate company vehicle, current Oklahoma Driver's License and clean/acceptable driving record; proper vehicle insurance.
Job Description Summary: Responsibilities
1. Provide individual, family, educational and parent-child interaction services as part of the children's programming.
2. Develop individualized treatment plan, as appropriate, in collaboration with each consumer.
3. Ensure TWCC is meeting contract requirements with groups provided.
4. Ensure school-age children receive the required hours of therapeutic treatment services weekly (to include substance abuse treatment, life skills and recreational activities) in accordance with ODMHSAS Title 450 Chapter 18 and State Contract.
5. Ensure children who are not of school age receive Parent-Child groups for bonding.
6. Collaborate with Child Care to ensure required structural hours for children when school is in session and when it is not in session are met weekly in accordance with ODMHSAS Title 450 Chapter 18 and State Contract.
7. Track service hours for children.
8. Provide parenting education and assistance as necessary.
9. Observe client's interaction and behavior with children.
10. Participate in weekly treatment team and clinical staffing meetings.
11. Collaborate with Case Manager and other staff to develop resources and support services for children.
12. Develop effective working relationships with DHS/ICW workers.
13. Assist with enhancing agency's capability to manage co-occurring disorders, in compliance with the Integrated Services Initiative.
14. Make recommendations about curriculum additions to Program Director, as appropriate.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Application Deadline: 5/23/2021
Additional Information: Our History: Palmer has been serving clients in Tulsa since 1981, has been a Tulsa Area United Way member agency since 1989, is certified by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, for alcohol and other drugs programs, and is certified by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. The Child Care Program at Tulsa Women and Children's Center is accredited by NAEYC, the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and is licensed as a Reaching for the Stars Three-Star Child Care Center by Oklahoma Child Care Services.
Palmer services are offered without regard to race, creed, sexual orientation, disability or ability to pay. Services are free to consumers.
Related keywords: social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, social work, mental health therapist