MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE TULSA AREA AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES BY LEVERAGING OUR NETWORK OF DONORS, PARTNER COMPANIES AND AGENCIES
- $24,322,533 raised to exceed campaign goal
- $3.5+ million raised to support our essential needs nonprofits during COVID-19
- 50,000+ pounds of food donated during our drive-thru summer food drive
- 5,000+ volunteers helped improve lives in the six-county region
- 950+ companies that participated in our campaign
- 25,000+ donors who made financial contributions
- 49,024 volunteer hours worked
Because Of Our 59 Partner Agencies
invested in the community through programs and services
leveraged by partner agencies for every dollar given
A Tradition of Giving
Tulsa Area United Way was founded in 1924 as the Tulsa Community Fund by a group of local businessmen. Chartering the fund were 11 health and human service organizations. Their inaugural campaign lasted only five days, and the very first goal of $238,895 was exceeded by $9,000. Remarkably, six of the 11 agencies are still partners with us today!
During World War II, the Fund combined with the National War Fund and United War Chest of Oklahoma to raise money to support 22 local agencies, as well as 22 organizations designed for international relief. The organization’s name was changed to Tulsa War Chest during this period.
After the war, the Tulsa War Chest became the Tulsa Community Chest to reflect a broader mission. The most recent name change came in 1974 when the current Tulsa Area United Way was introduced.