Licensed Mental Health Therapist – Tulsa CARES
Post Date: September 17, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Agency Name: Tulsa CARES
Website Address: http://tulsacares.org
Job Inquiry Phone: 918 834 4194
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Job Opening Description:
Thanks to some dedicated funding and new partnerships, we are expanding our capacity and adding new positions.
Tulsa CARES is the largest and most comprehensive provider of care and social services for uninsured people living with HIV/AIDS and HCV in Oklahoma. This position is responsible for expanding access to mental health and/or substance use therapy for new and current clients living with HIV in Oklahoma, as well as those who are considered high risk HIV‐negative clients. This position will counsel individuals and/or groups in a non‐threatening, non‐judgmental and mentally and physically safe nonclinical setting, mobile or home visit, or virtual web‐based visit.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications:
• Motivational interviewing techniques
• Knowledge of database software; spreadsheet software; Internet, and word processing software.
• Must have ability to collaboratively work with a variety of health and/or social service organizations.
• Must have effective written/verbal communication skills.
• Must have ability to maintain professional records through documentation.
• Must have the knowledge and skills to: identify the needs of exploited, abused, and neglected children
and adults; understand child development and individual and family functioning; engage difficult to
reach, traumatized, or disengaged individuals and families; and work with individuals with co‐occurring
health, mental health, and substance use conditions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the position requires lifting and/or move up to 20 pounds,
kneeling, stooping and/or standing for longer periods of time, bending, turning, reaching, talking and
• Must have experience in providing individual and group therapy.
• Must have knowledge and/or experience in HIV education, prevention and/or direct care services.
• Experience working with those living in poverty and with other chronic health conditions is preferred.
Educational and Licensure Requirements
• Master’s degree in social work or psychology or related mental health field
• Licensed professional, as required by all state laws/statues, to practice as a mental health therapist;
• Must fulfill annual training requirements as outlined in the mental health program annual training form.
• Must maintain current driver’s license and any relevant licenses or certifications.
• Must attend a minimum 16 hours of relevant continuing education per year.
Job Description Summary:
• Complies with the Mental Health Program Policies and Procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
• Supports an environment of health and wellness in accordance with the agency’s philosophy of care.
• Consults with the Mental Health Program Coordinator as necessary to assure treatment plans are
appropriate for client needs.
• Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and agency policies governing the disclosure of client identifying
• Works as part of an interdisciplinary case‐management, nutrition, housing, and mental health team to
meet the needs of the entire person.
• Remains familiar with Council on Accreditation standards for outpatient mental health services to assure
services delivered are in compliance with the standards.
• Actively participates in formal weekly supervision by the Mental Health Program Coordinator;
participates in quarterly case review procedures to ensure the quality of service plan implementation,
client progress, and appropriateness of service goals.
• Conducts mental health screenings to identify any psychological, social, or physiological signs and
symptoms of mental health and/or substance abuse issues and to identify any coexisting conditions
(medical, psychiatric, physical, etc.) that require immediate intervention.
• Completes mental health intake processes to ensure all documentation is in order and that client meets
prerequisites for admission.
• Fully orients each mental health or substance abuse counseling client to protocols, program objectives,
and available programs, as well as the client’s rights and responsibilities as a participant.
• Comprehensively assesses each client through the gathering of appropriate historical and cultural
information and the administration of standardized assessment tools in order to initiate the treatment
• Develops treatment plans to address immediate and long‐term goals and objectives, including specified
treatment modalities and expected time frames for completion; engages the individual, couple, or
family in the development and ongoing review of the treatment plan.
• Provides interventions that are appropriate to the client’s cultural, gender, and lifestyle preferences and
that are therapeutically appropriate for addressing client‐identified issues.
• Provides illness self‐management and psycho‐education interventions, as appropriate and per COA
• Expedites case management care plans by coordinating clients’ mental health, substance abuse,
psychiatric, and other relevant service needs and assisting with client follow‐up.
• Promptly offers crisis intervention services when needed and implements immediate course of action
appropriate for the crisis.
• Dialogically shares information with clients on HIV, substance abuse, mental health, harm reduction, and
safe sex practices through formal and informal processes.
• Refers clients to outside providers as necessary when client mental health or substance abuse needs
would be better met elsewhere.
• Refers clients for PrEP or PEP services, as appropriate.
• Plans for case closing upon intake and creates an aftercare plan in advance of each client’s case closing.
• Follows‐up with closed cases per program protocol.
• Promptly electronically documents all meaningful client interaction in a thorough and accurate fashion.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Mental Health Program Coordinator.
Tulsa CARES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status,
political belief, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military, or veteran status.