Outreach Care Coordinator – Tulsa CARES
Post Date: September 20, 2021 at 8:49 am
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Agency Name: Tulsa CARES
Website Address: http://tulsacares.org
Job Inquiry Phone: 918 834 4194
Job Inquiry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening Title: Outreach Care Coordinator
Job Opening Description:
Thanks to some dedicated funding and new partnerships, we are expanding our capacity and adding new positions.
Tulsa CARES is the largest and most comprehensive provider of care and social services for uninsured people living with HIV/AIDS and HCV in Oklahoma. The Outreach Care Coordinator delivers outreach case management services to ensure clients receive proper linkage, engagement, and retention in medical care.
Job Opening Basic Qualifications:
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of database software, Internet software, Excel, and Word.
• Able to collaboratively work with a variety of health and/or social service organizations.
• Able to maintain profession records through documentation.
• Effective written/verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and address multiple client needs.
• Comfortable working with diverse populations.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the position requires lifting and/or move up to 20 pounds,
kneeling, stooping and/or standing for longer periods of time, bending, turning, reaching, talking and
• Experience working with those living in poverty, with HIV/AIDS, with other chronic health conditions,
and/or with history of mental health or substance abuse is preferred.
Education and Licensure
• Degree from an accredited university in social work or a related field (BSW, MSW status preferred).
• Must maintain current driver’s license and any relevant licenses or certifications.
Job Description Summary:
Primary Outreach Case Management
• Complies with the Care Coordination Program Policies and Procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
• Complies with agency policies and procedures as established by Tulsa CARES.
• Supports an environment of health and wellness in accordance with the agency’s philosophy of care.
• Provides specialized assessment and care plans sensitive to the needs of rural clients, such as access to
primary and specialty medical care, and transportation assistance.
• Provides intensive case management when required, which may include regular phone sessions, referral
follow‐up and coordination, and home visits.
• Maintains contact with the client as indicated in the care plan to ensure the client’s plan of action and
forms are up‐to‐date.
• Attempts to establish or to retain each client in regular medical care, utilizing appropriate client centered
and motivational interviewing techniques.
• Works with clients to improve health literacy, including basic understanding of the HIV disease process;
medication adherence; risk reduction techniques; primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention of HIV related
co‐morbidities; and understanding CD4 and viral load test results.
• Within the scope of care coordinator’s abilities, ensures that client access to medications is
• Upon intake, and once annually, fully orients clients to care coordination rights and responsibilities.
• Able to provides testing for various sexually transmitted infections including, but not limited to, HIV and
• Provides harm reduction services to clients in efforts to educate and limit exposure to infection.
• Actively participates in formal supervision by the Care Coordination Program Coordinator.
• Works as part of an interdisciplinary case‐management, nutrition, housing, and mental health team.
• Works closely with other program to provide a continuum of health care and to promote a coordination
and collaboration with other health and/or social service organizations.
• Prepares for and participates in monthly case management meetings and bi‐monthly case staffing.
• Promptly documents all meaningful client interaction in a thorough and accurate fashion.
• Adheres to the Oklahoma State Department of Health Standards of HIV Case Management Care.
• Assures delivery of services that meet or exceed Council on Accreditation standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Care Coordination Program Coordinator.
Tulsa CARES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status,
political belief, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military, or veteran status.