Volunteering benefits everyone – the volunteers, their employers, and the community.
Individuals who volunteer in their community are 30 percent happier and satisfied with their lives, and companies and businesses that incorporate volunteerism in the workplace consistently report higher levels of employee satisfaction, morale, and team effectiveness.
Tulsa Area United Way’s volunteers are the cornerstone of its operations, with community members executing crucial processes and assisting the community throughout the year.
HOW CAN YOU VOLUNTEER?
- Women United – Women donors who create positive change in the community through focused investments of time, talent and financial resources.
- Emerging Leaders Society – The Tulsa area’s next generation of leaders and philanthropists who engage in networking, professional development, volunteering, and philanthropic opportunities.
- Retire United – Retirees and pre-retirees who remain engaged as valuable community resources through volunteering, social and educational programing and mentoring.
- 59 Partner Agencies – the Tulsa Area United Way (TAUW) funds 59 partner agencies in the areas of education, health/safety, and financial stability. Agencies offer volunteer opportunities or service on boards and committees.
- Attend an Agency Tour – Learn more about the TAUW partner agencies and how to volunteer by attending a tour or viewing an available webinar.
Tulsa Area united way
- Community Investments Panels
Sign Up: Oct – Dec | Service: Feb-May
Volunteer panels carefully study TAUW’s 59 partner agencies and make recommendations for allocations to ensure optimal impact in our community. To find more information about Community Investments, click here.
- Campaign Fellowship Program
Sign Up: Summer | Service: Aug. – Nov.
These volunteers work full-time on the annual TAUW campaign. These executives are either loaned by their employers or paid through generous sponsorships.
day of caring
Day of Caring is a much-loved volunteering tradition that expresses the philanthropic spirit of our community. Groups of volunteers give their time throughout the year to a variety of service opportunities to help their neighbors and strengthen our nonprofit community.
Not sure of the best volunteer fit for you?
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form and we’ll find the best opportunity for you.