Women United connects and develops women donors to create positive change in the community through focused investments of time, talent and financial resources.
- Be a part of a nationally recognized group of female philanthropists
- Leverage the collective power of women supporting the Tulsa Area United Way
- Develop leadership and philanthropic skills alongside other well-established female leaders in diverse industries
- Learn about real needs and issues affecting our community by engaging in meaningful volunteer opportunities and monthly partner agency tours
Not yet a Tulsa Area United Way donor?
Already a United Way donor?
Contact DJ Morrow Ingram at 918-583-7171 or online here
Annual Networking Reception
Women United hosts an Annual Networking Reception that is open to both Women United members and guests interested in joining. This reception features an engaging keynote speaker along with updates from Women United leadership about the year ahead.
This event is the perfect opportunity to encourage new membership to Women United and network with your fellow Women United members.
Connecting Beyond the Circle
The objective of this series is to provide members with opportunities to further develop their personal, professional, and community building skills with cutting edge topics. Attendees can look forward to networking, mentoring advice, and professional development opportunities as well.
Connecting Beyond the Circle is offered to all Women United members registered as Leadership Donors, giving $600 or more annually to the Tulsa Area United Way.
Past Connecting Beyond the Circle topics include:
- Female Philanthropy: Women Helping Women
- United in Hope: Learning to be Trauma-Informed and Hope-Centered
- Criminal Justice Reform Panel
- Advocacy 101: Making Connections with Local Legislators
- An Economic Case for STEM
The objective of this series is to provide members with opportunities to further develop their leadership and community skills, such as peer relationships, career awareness, goal-setting, overcoming obstacles toward success, and understanding your values and talents.
Featuring small gatherings of 6 to 12 women, attendees can look forward to an engaging topic, mentoring advice and professional development at each circle.
Connecting Circles are offered to all Women United members registered as Patron Donors, giving $1,000 or more annually to the Tulsa Area United Way.
Past Connecting Circles speakers and topics include:
- Peggy Simmons, Beyond the Glass Ceiling: Empowering Women in Leadership
- Dr. Deborah Gist, Self-Care and Success
- Marla Bradshaw, Relationship Building
- Betsy Jackson, Women Encouraging Women
- Becky Frank, Career and Community
Personal and Professional Development
The objective of these events is to equip members with tools that can enrich their personal and professional lives. Topics covered not only help educate members and guests, but empower them with the ability to create positive change in the Tulsa community and elsewhere.
Past Personal and Professional Development topics include:
- A Community Case for Inclusion
- LEAD: Leadership. Empowerment. Acceptance. Diversity.
Clydella Hentschel Award for Women in Leadership
Background: Clydella Hentschel served as Co-Chair of the Tulsa Area United Way Campaign along with her husband David Hentschel in 1992. She was the first woman to serve in many roles in Tulsa, paving the way for other women. Her long history of community service and leadership is exhaustive. She served on many boards in the community and with United Way agencies through the years. As a volunteer, board member or event chair, she was always in the trenches, raising funds, poring over financial documents, never shying away from the hard work.
Purpose: The Clydella Hentschel Award for Women in Leadership honors female leaders in the Greater Tulsa area who strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment while devoting time and energy to our local community in a meaningful way that inspires other women to reach their full potential. The honoree for this award demonstrates exceptional leadership skills, makes a lasting impact through support of multiple United Way and community non-profit organizations and is viewed as a trail blazer, leader, innovator and visionary. Honoree’s are recognized at our annual awards luncheon.