This Data and Research page is presented by Tulsa Area United Way. It’s all about connecting people to data resources to identify community needs and inform solutions.
If you would like to connect with Melanie Poulter, TAUW’s Research and Data Director, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAUW DATA ReportS AND Products
You will find TAUW data reports & products – reports, infographics, and other data-based products created by TAUW. These products will inform human service planners and providers, donors, and the general public about pressing community needs and the essential work of partner agencies to address those needs.
Annual State of the Area presentation
This presentation depicts demographics and indicators related to TAUW’s three Community Investments building blocks: financial stability, education, and health and safety, for the 6-county TAUW area. Click here to download a pdf of the presentation.
Reports and Briefs
COMING SOON! You’ll be able to view our in-depth analysis of key issues and conditions affecting the well-being of TAUW residents, including data, key points, partner agency insights, and client stories.
Data Tables, Maps and More
COMING SOON! You’ll find data tables, maps, and graphics on human services-related topics. These stand-alone data products will provide you with quick data points on a variety of demographic and socioeconomic topics.
Census data dashboard
COMING SOON! You’ll find an easy-to-use data dashboard providing commonly requested data points from the latest Census data releases for counties and places in the TAUW area.
For instance, we’ll have information on these potential topics:
- Hispanic origin
- Household & family type
- Educational attainment
- Veteran status
- Housing characteristics
We’ll also have information on these potential geographies within the TAUW area:
- Cities & towns
- Zip codes
- Census tracts
Links to data resources
Below you will find a curated list of links to websites, dashboards, reports, and other useful data resources. We hope it will help data seekers find and access current, vetted, official sources of commonly used data, including partner-agency-generated resources.
- Demographics plus
- Census Bureau’s data.census.gov: Demographic, socioeconomic, and housing data available for geographies from nation and state to zip code, census tract, and block group
- Financial Stability
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Labor force data at national, state, and county level
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services library -> Statistical Tables: Public assistance program participation data
- Health & Safety
- Tulsa Health Department Tulsa County Health Status Report: 2018 report providing data analyzed and mapped by zip code to depict health status of Tulsa County residents. This report highlights areas that Tulsa is excelling in as well as areas where improvement is needed.
- Oklahoma State Department of Health OK2SHARE: Web-based query system, Oklahoma Statistics on Health Available for Everyone (OK2SHARE), providing state and county level vital statistics data, and state and regional data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) and Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
- America’s Health Rankings: National and state level health, environmental and socioeconomic data and state rankings.
- Mental health, substance abuse treatment data > ODMHSAS
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services library -> Child Abuse and Neglect Statistics: Child abuse & neglect data for Oklahoma and by county
- Partner-agency-generated data resources:
We want to hear from you!
If you would like to connect with Melanie Poulter, our Research and Data Director, please click here.