Last updated: December 11, 2020
Purpose of this Privacy Statement
TAUW takes your privacy very seriously and cares about how your Personal Information is collected, used, and shared. In an effort to improve your experience interacting digitally with Tulsa Area United Way (TAUW) and to improve the quality of information you receive
from TAUW, we may collect certain information as you interact with our website, make donations, email messages, post on social media, register for events, or volunteer. We are providing this Privacy Statement to share our practices and the choices that you can
make about the way your Personal Information is used by TAUW.
We will not sell your Personal Information to any third party.
We will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization other than contractors or service providers needed to improve our ability to communicate effectively with you or process your pledge payment.
Your pledge information is known only to you, TAUW, and, to the extent necessary, the employee campaign coordinator for conducting your workplace campaign.
The Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with the information we collect through websites operated by us, through which you are accessing this Privacy Statement , or our service providers (the “Websites”), through the software applications
made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through our social media pages that we control (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy
Statement, and through offline interactions that we may have with you (including the Websites, the Apps, and our Social Media Pages: the “Services”).
By providing Personal Information to TAUW, making donations, taking surveys, answering questions, registering for events, volunteering you agree to this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information We May Collect
TAUW may collect information that is used to identify an individual that may include but is not limited to, name, email address, postal address, phone number, social media ID, and similar contact information and credit card or other payment information (the
“Personal Information”). If you choose to provide your payment or credit card information to TAUW for pledge or gift purposes, we will only use that information for the purposes for which it was provided.
How We May Collect Personal Information:
TAUW and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, Personal Information you provide to us through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys, donation forms, event registration/participation (including volunteering), and interaction with email and websites including responding to questions or taking surveys.
How TAUW Uses Personal Information
TAUW and our service providers may use Personal Information to:
- Send you information regarding TAUW, our affiliates, and our partners.
- Process and respond to inquiries for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, register or renew as a donor or supporter, or receive information about a project, special event, and volunteer activity.
- Personalize the content, improve the navigability of the Services, and customize your experience on the Services, including targeted content, customized volunteer opportunities, and/or customized email messages.
- Notify you about special programs, events, and volunteer opportunities.
If your employer has elected to host an e-Pledge campaign, a web based campaign management tool presented in partnership between your organization and TAUW, your employer will provide TAUW a list of employees and work email addresses. This information will be used to provide each employee a secure link to login, submit their donation preference and later provide a thank you and tax receipt if required or requested. Our pledge form could contain your name, address, zip code, email address, pledge
amount, pledge type. If you participate in an employer sponsored e-Pledge campaign, we will also provide the information we collect to your employer. As with most on-line transactions, TAUW employs security measures to ensure your Personal Information is safeguarded (see “How We Protect Information” below).
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information such as
IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Websites or Apps, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and
version, or the duration of the use of the Services.
Other Information is used for such purposes as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, improving the user experience and administering the Services.
which sets Cookies when you visit the TAUW website. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them You can manage browser Cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how
to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, how to block Cookies, and when Cookies will expire. To manage and disable “Flash Cookies,” visit Adobe Flash Player Manage, Disable Local Shared Objects. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt out browser add-on. If you block all Cookies on your browser, neither TAUW nor third parties will transfer Cookies to your browser.
How You Can Control Collection and Use of Your Information
- Marketing Email Opt Out: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving emails sent by TAUW by following the opt-out procedures at the bottom of our emails. Please allow 10 business days for us to respond to your request.
- Accessing, Modifying, Updating, and Deleting Your Information: We strive to keep our records as accurate as possible. You may, under applicable laws, have a right to access, correct, modify, or request the deletion of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us at any time. To do so, please call us at (918) 583-7171 and ask for the Data Manager or online here.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a donation or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such donation or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
How We Protect Information
TAUW uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to
help ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of Personal Information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Services or engagement with us is no
longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Third Party Content and Links
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which TAUW has any control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Privacy Statement but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third party websites. TAUW is not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
TAUW may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement. We will post any revisions to the Services, and we advise you to check back periodically. The “Effective Date” reference at the top of the Privacy Statement indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement become effective when the revised Privacy Statement on the Services is posted. Your continued use of the Services or engagement in the interactions after such changes are implemented will also constitute your affirmative consent to the revised Privacy Statement.
In an effort to fully protect our donors’ information, we ask that all donors follow the recommended security guidelines for protecting donor information for themselves and their employees.
- We ask that any breach of private information be reported to Tulsa Area United Way within 24 hours online here.
- e-Pledge usernames and passwords should not be shared with any other persons.
- A donor’s pledge information is considered to be private information and should not be disclosed without prior consent of the donor/employee.
- We ask that any donor or confidential information be provided to us via a secure or encrypted method.
- Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to TAUW.
- Accessing, Modifying, Updating, and Deleting Your Information call us at (918) 583-7171, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time and ask for the Data Manager or online here.
- Marketing Email Opt Out: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving emails sent by TAUW by following the opt-out procedures at the bottom of our emails or online here. Please allow 10 business days for us to respond to your request.
- Questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this Privacy Statement or TAUW’s privacy practices, contact us online here, or call us at (918) 583- 7171, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Report any breach of Private Information to Tulsa Area United Way within 24 hours by emailing online here.