Clydella Hentschel Award for Women in Leadership
recipients of the clydella hentschel award for women in leadership
2012 Inaugural Recipient: Clydella Hentschel
2020 Recipient: Kathy Taylor
Nomination Form Instructions
Background: Clydella Hentschel served as Co-Chair of the Tulsa Area United Way Campaign along with her husband David Hentschel in 1992. She was the first woman to serve in many roles in Tulsa, paving the way for other women. Her long history of community service and leadership is exhaustive. She served on many boards in the community and with United Way agencies through the years. As a volunteer, board member or event chair, she was always in the trenches, raising funds, poring over financial documents, never shying away from the hard work.
Purpose: The Clydella Hentschel Award for Women in Leadership honors female leaders in the Greater Tulsa area who strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment while devoting time and energy to our local community in a meaningful way that inspires other women to reach their full potential. The honoree for this award demonstrates exceptional leadership skills, makes a lasting impact through support of multiple United Way and community non-profit organizations and is viewed as a trail blazer, leader, innovator and visionary.
- Longstanding female volunteer leader
- Consistently supports United Way agencies and community organizations.
- Consistently demonstrates exceptional leadership skills and a commitment to her community.
- Mentors and supports other volunteers in the community by "leaving the ladder down" in order that others may climb it.
- All nominations must be completed on the official nomination form.
- Typed entries are strongly encouraged.
- Attach additional sheets as needed.
- Summary should be no more than 1000 words.
What to Include:
- Nominations should explain how the nominee demonstrates excellence based upon the eligibility criteria.
- Nominations should be detailed and specific, providing examples wherever possible.
- The Selection Committee will hold all nominations in confidence.
- Nominations may be resubmitted in subsequent years, but nominations will not be carried over automatically.
- The selection committee will review all nominations and notify all nominating agencies of the winning recipient by late January. The award winner will receive her award onstage during the Tulsa Area United Way Live United Awards and Luncheon and will receive two complimentary luncheon seats.
- Completed nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on December 28, 2020.
- There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the nomination deadline.
- Please return all nominations via email to email@example.com or mail at TAUW 1430 S. Boulder, Tulsa, OK 74119.
Click here to access the 2021 nomination form.
2013 Recipient: Dr. Nancy Feldman
2014 Recipient: Mary Ann Hille
2015 Recipient: Ruth Nelson
2016 Recipient: Becky Frank
2017 Recipient: Libby Johnson
2018 Recipient: Linda Johnston
2019 Recipient: Frauke Quiroga