CAMPAIGN ACCOUNT SPECIALIST
The high level:
The Campaign Account Specialist’s main role is to maintain positive relationships and proactively establish relationships with companies/individuals as assigned and meeting the annual campaign goals for those companies/individuals.
The Specialist will be responsible for proper maintenance and accuracy of financial and other donor data related to those companies/individuals. The Specialist must gain a detailed understanding of TAUW and its funded agencies and is expected to participate in special events/projects and take leadership role(s) as assigned.
What you’ll do:
This position will be part of the Resource Development team responsible for the execution of TAUW’s annual fundraising campaign. More specifically you will be assigned a division of companies for which you will cultivate and maintain relationships with those companies/individuals to help assure multi-year success in reaching the campaign goals.
- The Specialist will assure the development, in conjunction with volunteer leadership, of an aggressive yet realistic annual campaign goal for assigned division and assure financial goal is met or exceeded.
- Within the assigned division the Specialist will target and improve the workplace campaigns of “under-performing” companies/entities, sharing best practices and using a consultative approach to find a win-win for the company and for TAUW.
Cultivate New Campaigns
- Proactively solicit new workplace campaigns from non-participating companies/entities.
Data and Recordkeeping
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all companies/individuals within assigned areas, including contact records (name, address, phone, fax, e-mail, etc.) for all companies/individuals within assigned areas.
- Supervise Loaned Executive(s) and Campaign Fellows (12 week employees that work with individual companies) in the successful completion of their duties.
- Other Duties as assigned
These job responsibilities are to be the main emphasis of this position. As with every job at United Way, it is not possible to define every duty precisely. Should the need arise; every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to assure an efficient and collaborative environment.
How you’ll do it:
Relationship Development & Collaboration
- Leverage existing relationships and build new ones with new and existing employee campaign coordinators at our supporting companies.
- Establish highly collaborative cross-functional relationships, and work effectively with all employees and volunteers to lead to successful campaigns.
- Externally, demonstrate the ability to genuinely promote Tulsa Area United Way, our mission and partner agencies through both presentations and written communication. Have a high level of comfort with public speaking. Provide excellent customer service to both volunteers and companies.
Leadership and Project Management
- Manage a group of seasonal employees to carry out fundraising campaigns during the peak season of our annual fundraising campaign. Demonstrate an ability to provide clear guidance and goals, to delegate and to support the employee and campaign progress.
- Organize and carry out processes and systems to manage a portfolio of giving and non-giving companies. Also complete required reports and meet quarterly activity objectives for assigned companies.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- have 1-3 years of experience in a range of the following: customer service/sales, donor stewardship, fund-raising and working with volunteers in a not-for-profit setting or similar field (preferred)
- are proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- are fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammatical usage.
- Spanish language skills are highly desired in the ideal candidate
- have the ability to complete basic math as well as produce review and interpret basic reports and graphs
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Have access to reliable transportation to travel within a defined geographic region on a daily basis
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way and root your work in our core values.
What we offer:
- TAUW offers the full package – comprehensive benefit package, 403b match and generous paid time off, a great place to work and dive right into the non-profit community here in Tulsa.
- This is a full time position working 37.50 hours per week
- We offer a dynamic culture committed to investing in and supporting our people to grow in their career and professional trajectory.
Other things you need to know:
- This position travels regularly through the Tulsa Metro and surrounding county area. Mileage is reimbursed at the current IRS rate of reimbursement.
Typical Physical & Mental Demands
- Duties require planning, organizing, and applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Mature judgment and confidence. Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to stand, reach, stoop, and handle and/or lift and up to 25 pounds. Must be able to check reports for completion and accuracy and to retrieve and transmit information. Use of general office environment equipment.
To apply submit your resume to email@example.com.