Tulsa Area United Way (TAUW) unites people and resources to improve lives and strengthen our communities. To do this, TAUW — with thousands of individual donors and companies — raises more than $25 million each year to support innovation grants, collaborative initiatives, shared technology services, and human services organizations. This means 160+ programs within Tulsa, Creek, Rogers, Okmulgee, Osage, and Wagoner counties empower a community working together to ensure that all of its members flourish and thrive.
Tulsa Area United Way unites people and resources to improve lives and strengthen our communities.
TAUW envisions a community working together to ensure that all of its members flourish and thrive.
We Live United by:
- Strengthening the community through collaboration and compassion
- Embracing opportunities in a changing environment
- Serving as exceptional stewards of community resources with the highest ethics, transparency, and integrity
- Solving problems with innovation, energy, and belief in a better future
- Advocating respect to create inclusive communities
THREE UNIQUE QUALITIES
- We are stewards of a trusted, robust volunteer led process to assess and invest in community needs for equitable and accountable distribution of funds.
- We leverage an expansive network to bring people together and solve complex problems grounded in innovation and hope.
- We annually raise millions of dollars through a diversified donor base of individuals, businesses, and foundations throughout our six-county region
PROVEN PRIMARY PROCESSES:
- Community investment process that provides sustainable and accountable funding of partner nonprofits, Collaboration Grants, and Social Innovation Grants
- Annual Campaign with award-winning marketing strategy, year-round donor recognition, and community education events
- Volunteer Impact via Day of Caring events and Affinity Groups
- Crisis Response
- Partner Nonprofit Capacity-Building and Support
THREE FUNDING STREAMS
Funding through partner nonprofits to provide 160+ programs serving in the areas of education, financial stability and health and safety.
Grants through partnerships across nonprofits and municipalities to address entrenched social problems.
Grants that test creative new approaches to make a significant difference
TAUW’s VALUE TO THE COMMUNITY
As a part of the TAUW mission & vision, we set a High Level of Due Diligence, Assessment and Accountability
- Each year, more than 180 TAUW volunteers spend 5,000 hours evaluating partner nonprofits’ audits, budgets and programs to maximize the impact of donations. Additionally, TAUW assists partner nonprofits with volunteer recruitment, training, and management.
Gathers and Mobilizes Nonprofits to Address Community Emergencies
- Tulsa Area United Way mobilizes a wide variety of organizations to prevent or respond to major community challenges. Without this strong coordination, private foundations could be inundated with a barrage of duplicative requests during a crisis.
Provides Social Innovations Grants
- The grants allow organizations to incubate initiatives and bring new strategies to Tulsa and the surrounding area that work elsewhere and can potentially make a positive impact locally.
Provides Community Collaborations
- Through our Community Collaborations initiative, Tulsa Area United Way involves local non-profit organizations (including non-partner nonprofits), businesses, foundations, and government agencies in collaborative efforts to address complex challenges.
- Tulsa Area United Way is a leader in improving the way data is collected and analyzed to address needs and communicate services available in a way that is reflective and inclusive of our communities’ diversity.